International Widows Day 2019 will celebrate on Sunday, June 23! This is called world Widows Day. Every year this day has been celebrated! This is a United Nations ratified day of action to address the “poverty and injustice faced by millions of widows and their dependents in many countries”. Mainly this day was established by The Loomba Foundation to raise awareness of the issue of widowhood.
In 2005 was the first International Widows Day! And it launched by Lord Loomba and the foundation’s president, Cherie Blair. Since 2010 this event has celebrated by the 10 countries. They are India, Rwanda, the UK, Nepal, Syria, Kenya, Sri Lanka, the United States, Bangladesh, and South Africa.
On 21 December year of 2010, the United Nations General Assembly formally adopted 23 June as World Widows Day. After that every year this has been celebrated on 23 June. This is a short story. If you want to learn more about this day you can follow Wikipedia by this link .
Below adding some inspirational widows quotes for everyone. Hope it would be helpful.
- “I realized, it is not the time that heals, but what we do within that time that creates positive change.”
- “I think first of the children. What the hell am I supposed to tell them? Then I think about money, the house, all those things no widow will tell you ever crossed her mind.”
― Shannon Celebi, Small Town Demons
- “Never abandon widows, widowers and orphans.”
― Lailah Gifty Akita, Think Great: Be Great!
- “It’s never too late to start over!”
― Lynne Gentry, Reinventing Leona
- Be happy. Have a nice life journey. Never give up!
Source: Good Reads
We collected top Quotes for International Widows Day 2019. Hope it was very enjoyable. And stay tuned to get the more update celebration day quotes. Thanks for reading.
You can also read- One Line Whatsapp status in English